I may be small, but I've got giant plans. Plans to shine!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goosebumps


Hello one and all!!



I hope you are enjoying this weather! It is finally feeling appropriate for the time of year!
I have been a busy bee preparing for Miss Ohio! I am so very excited to take that stage and bring all that I have to offer up there with me. Over the past 3 weeks of hard exercise and eating healthy, non-Anderson University food, I have shed a few pounds and really toned up as well! I couldn't be prouder of myself for exercising such willpower! And as of today, at this very moment, all of my shopping is done except for fake eyelashes and perhaps a shirt for my dance production number. I even have my basket completed, except for a container to put it in! I feel very good at this point.



My wonderful directors, Randy Schroeder and Amy Shaw, have been tirelessly working with me every week that I have been home to prepare me for my interview. I have another round of mock interviews this Thursday evening. And next Tuesday night I have a send-off party where I will be modeling my wardrobe and performing my talent song for a small group of family and friends who cannot make it to Miss Ohio. I couldn't be more excited to be representing my hometown and to have such awesome support behind me! I even had the wonderful chance to visit Mr. Jim Estep and show him some of my wardrobe pieces and work on my talent song with him. He is not in the best health at the moment and will not be able to attend Miss Ohio this year. This saddens both of us, because if it weren't for him, I wouldn't be in this pageant system at all. But it was great to visit him.


I also had the opportunity to visit Defiance Senior and Junior High Schools a week ago and speak on the importance of music in schools and life in general. They were a very receptive audience and I was able to perform 4 songs for each class. That was a lot of singing, but boy was it fun!
One boy raised his hand after I finished singing and he asked, "How come I got goosebumps on my arms when you sang really high?" To which I replied, "Well, I would like to think
that happened because you liked my singing!" He then replied, "Oh... yeah, yeah! I think you're right! Wow, you sang so loud, and with no microphone... but so good!" All of the kids, and I, giggled.


Those are the times that I remember why I do this! It is for those funny moments with children, where I can connect with them and make them laugh, and thus present my message about music in a fun way!















This weekend I am attending the wedding of two of my friend's and colleagues at Anderson University, but on Sunday I will be back to attend my high school alma mater's graduation ceremony and then zip over to a senior center and perform for the residents there. More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment